Photographers who are just getting started or have been in the business for years can benefit from setting up a website.
Photography websites are a great way of marketing the business because the world becomes your customer base. It is easy to get your name out there with a website. Simply have it added to the information on your business card and potential clients will check out your work and prices if you advertise them on your website. Or with some engaging sales copy you can have them picking up the phone and ringing you in no time.
There are definitely benefits to be realized when you have websites to which you can refer clients who want to know more about you.
1. A website is a very cost-effective marketing tool. It costs far less to pay for the domain name and hosting for a full year than it does to have a small amount of print materials ready for distribution. You will save money and reach more clients with an online presence.
2. You have greater ability to expand your customer base with websites. You can have one or several sites to which clients can come to secure your services. For example, you can have one site dedicated to wedding photography, another to baby photos and another to family photos.
3. You can earn money in other ways with websites. There are various streams of revenue possible with online marketing. You are able to set up Google Adsense on your site and earn money when a visitor clicks on an ad featured on one of your pages. You can also sign up for Google Adwords and have your photography business featured in ads that Google will place on similar sites.
4. You won’t have to keep regular business hours with websites. In essence you will be open all the time because customers can contact you whenever it is convenient for them. You can check your email from anywhere as long as you have an Internet connection, so you don’t have to sit by the phone waiting for a call.
5. The Internet has made it more convenient for customers to shop and get information about products of interest to them. The same is true of your photography business websites. Customers like the fact that you have an online presence because it makes you more real to them. They can see what you have from their own home and not have to actually go to your studio.
6. Technology has made it possible for any photographer to have one or multiple websites. It seems that being online is the way of the future and marketing endeavors point in that direction all the time.
Your website will become an asset in your marketing system. Coupled with some offline marketing techniques you will soon have your choice of customers. Let me know if you would like me to look over your website.